I have survived my first year of college! To break away from my normal political tirade, here are some things that I wish I’d known last year along with some updates to my life.
- It’s never as bad as you think.
- Be exclusive with your friendships. Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to.
- Go. Do the thing. You won’t regret it.
- You are going to fail. You will not have a 4.0 GPA. That’s not what college is about. In College they actually want you to learn. Be challenged. Get B’s.
- You know nothing. Learn from people that don’t.
- You will not always agree. People are going to hurt you. That’s why good things are so special.
- Every opportunity is a learning experience. Not every learning experience is positive. Learn from negativity.
- Fight for your dream. Own your dream. Fuck the haters.
- You don’t need to desperately find love. Don’t be that person. Let it come to you.
This summer, I will be interning with the Center for Disability Empowerment in Columbus, Ohio. I will also be (hopefully) photographing a bit for the ODP. One of my summer goals is to continue to save money and go on adventures. Another is to edit my novel so that I can send to agents. In between, I’m going to NYC, France, and Washington D.C. This is the summer I’ve always wanted. Enjoy it all.
Note to self:
Enjoy it all.